Sunday 5 January 2014

A Playlist for Any Kind of Genre!

First of all, you all are probably thinking, "Wait? Julia's posting AGAIN? I thought this was just going to be a weekly thing..." I'm terribly sorry. But when I said I was back I MEANT IT! This isn't going to be normal for me to post every day but I HAD to share this idea I had with you all...

When I'm reading a book I have to have SOMETHING in the background. I just have one of those brains where if I only have silence, it's louder than anything. And no matter how many times my English teacher tells me it's MORE difficult to read and do homework with background noise than without, there's no way I'm focusing. So, I listen to music! But I'm also the kind of person who can't just listen to any kind of music. (Gasp! Did Jewelz just use italics instead of capitalizing something?!Yeah.. I know what italics are!) Before I start reading I always make sure I have the perfect type of music for its genre. So, I thought I would share those with all of you!

I'm posting YouTube videos that link to a playlist for each type of book so you all can use these if you're really needing a good reading playlist to get you in the mood!

First off, there's anything Dystopian, or Science Fiction, or anything that's going to be a bit dark and twisted. For that I like to listen to Coldplay! I especially like their album "A Rush of Blood to the Head."




I also like to listen to their album, "X and Y."



Now, some of you may not be the biggest fans of Coldplay. Do not fear. I have a playlist for you!

Adele's album, "21" is also good for darker books!



If you're reading a more light and fluffy contemporary romance I would recommend Mindy Gledhill's album, "Anchor." It's so sweet and it always gets me in a bubbly mood. (I'm actually listening to this album as I type this!)


If you're reading a contemporary romance that has a bit of a darker theme to it I would recommend pretty much anything Sara Bareilles. I've been obsessed with her album, "The Blessed Unrest" ever since it came out this summer!



I also love her album, "Little Voice"


If you aren't a Sara Bareilles fan I would also recommend Ingrid Michaelson's album, "Be Ok."


I actually think Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson are great for ANY genre! They have a whole mix of different songs that would be great for any book. I also love Christina Perri!


And last but not least, if you're the type of person who just CAN'T listen to music with words while
you're reading, I have the solution for you! The Piano Guys are AMAZING and their music is breath taking... and completely instrumental.



Hopefully this post was a bit helpful to you! I'm hoping that even if you didn't like everything on the playlists I provided you, that you at least found SOMETHING. Maybe one song that you think fits perfectly with a book you're reading now? I thought it would be something a bit different from what I usually do! 

******************************************
Just a quick side note: I'm currently reading Allegiant but I have to keep stopping because I KNOW something is going to happen at the end and I know it's going to be devastating. I don't know if I'm going to be able to bear it so... I'm slowly reading it. SLOWLY.


Thanks so much for reading! I hope everyone's rest of the weekend is filled with *SPARKLES!*


No comments: