Sunday 16 December 2012

Shot Through the Heart by Nicki Burnham (Review)


Genre: Contemporary Romance
Number of Pages: 154
For ages 13+

"At Eastwood High, love is a battlefield.

Two guys, two girls, two thousand dollars, and one epic water gun battle.

Senior year? It's all about Senior Assassin, a yearly water gun tournament where the last team standing receives a cool two grand. Connor wants nothing more than to split that prize with his best friend, Josh. When their mission is put in jeopardy by Molly--thanks to her crush on Connor--Josh comes up with a plan to thwart her, one that involves his sister, Peyton...

Peyton's deepest desire is to score entry to MIT. She's working her tail off to achieve her goal, but when she's dragged into Connor and Josh's water gun tournament, their antics threaten to leave her high and dry. As Peyton's forced to choose between chemistry class and chemistry with Connor, will the super student and the super athlete discover they have more in common than they imagined?

One thing's for certain: When Connor, Peyton, Josh, and Molly load their weapons, someone's bound to get shot through the heart." -Goodreads

Finals are coming up and a WHOLE BUNCH of craziness is happenin' right now, so I haven't been able to read as much as I would like to. :( BUT I did have time to read this quick read and I NEED to review somethin'! I can't leave you guys hanging!

I ARORED this book! It was super adorable and sweet and made me get the teenage girl giggles... Connor is super swoon worthy and Peyton is hilarious and Josh is just... well, Josh. ;)

I don't know what it is about story lines where the brother's best friend falls for his sister that I love so much but I usually absolutely love them. And this was definitely one of them. This book got straight to the point, and that's something I loved about it.

Peyton is one of those girls who is very serious about her grades. And I kind of feel like Peyton in a way. I'm super serious when it comes to school, and I'm pretty much miserable if I get a bad grade. I really connected with her and saw the struggles she was going through. Something else that I loved about her was that even though school was a huge part of her life, that didn't stop her from having fun or joking around. Her personality was spectacular. I felt like I really was in the head of a teenage girl, even though I don't have to read a book to do that. But the things she was feeling definitely felt genuine!

Can we just have a moment of silence to swooooon over Connor?
.....
....
....

HE IS SO SWOONY.  That's about all I can say... Just joking! I mean, come on, there's more to a guy than his swoony-ness... Right? Anyways, I loved that he was a nerd under all of that cuteness. That he was really interested in good grades and such. That's my kind of guy. And he cared about girls' feelings. Instead of totally blowing Molly off when she was showing signs of "flirtation" he tried to let her down gently. Of course, that didn't really work out... but all ended well! ;) Poor Connor was a little clueless when it came to fixing things with girls. Girls are pretty difficult to begin with... Am I right? ;)

Something that I really liked was that Connor and Peyton had known each other almost their whole lives. It gave a lot more stories between the characters and gave the characters a lot more confusion. Plus, HISTORY! That's pretty major. They were starting to see each other differently. The romance between them was absolutely adorable and I couldn't get enough.

I was almost pulling my hair out in part of this book with Peyton. GOODNESS GRACIOUS, GIRL. Why must you question someone like Connor? I, of course, could see where she was coming from, but I was getting frustrated with some of the decisions she was making.

Then there's Josh, Peyton's brother, who is quite the handful. And little did he know that trying to create a rumor about his sister and his best friend would actually cause them to like each other. When he came down to business, Josh was a sweet brother. He cared about Peyton's feelings.

This book was light read that uplifted you from all that heavy reading. It was fantabulous and sweet and reviewing it makes me want to re-read it again... If you're looking for a quick contemporary romance this book is the one for you! 5 out of 5 diva crowns! :) You must read it!



Hope everyone has a FANTABULOUS week, and if you're like me and have finals or super hard tests or just something difficult in general coming up, GOOD LUCK and happy studying! Hope your day is filled with *SPARKLES!*

1 comment:

Heather said...

You can't go wrong with a swoony guy! This sounds like a perfect read for a lazy winter day inside. Adding it to my list!