Sunday 28 August 2011

Passion by Lauren Kate (Review)

Genre: Paranormal
Number of Pages: 420
For ages 13+

"Luce would die for Daniel.

And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . . .

Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last.

Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history.

Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever." -Goodreads

This is the other book that I got at the book store a few weeks ago. I was somewhat excited about it. The truth is, I didn't necessarily like the second book. The first one was fantastic. I was turning pages always needing to read more. Then, I read the second book, thinking it was going to be just as amazing, but sadly, it was not. So here I was, finding the third book, not sure what to do. I decided I would give it a go!

Passion by Lauren Kate was MUCH better than Torment. Torment was a lot like those second books. Kind of like a filler for the third. Unfortunately, there's a lot of those, lately. Passion made up for it, mostly! I was reading the reviews for it on Goodreads and it comes to show that not everyone is going to like the same book.

I hadn't read the Fallen series in a while, so I kind of had to get back into that "series" mode. I had to dig into my brain in all of the books I've read and find Torment, and then try and figure out what happened at the end of that book that started everything?

Luce was still the same, from what I can remember. She was trying to go back and find out what started the curse between her and Daniel. Frankly, I wanted to start screaming because every single time she went more into the past Daniel would be right behind her ALWAYS missing her. GAHHHH! It was quite frustrating, to me. I know, I know, It was supposed to be like that but, COME ON?!

Daniel: still swoon worthy as EVER. Oh my word. I knew I loved that boy. There was definitely romance in this book, but I couldn't help being "jealous" for Luce when I saw her past lives in love with Daniel. I'm weird like that. I kept telling myself, "It's her. It's still her in love with Daniel." I know, I'm a little off, but it's true.

I would just like to say, that cliff hanger was like the perfect kind. That's all I'm gonna say. I don't want to ruin it for all of you who may read it in the future.

I wouldn't say this book was as amazing as the first one. I think Lauren is still trying to get back into the swing of things. That's how a lot of series are, though. Not a lot of them can live up to the potential to the first book. Hopefully, though, the last one will be just as good as the first.

I give this book 4 out of 5 diva crowns. I do recommend it. Really, I do. It was much better than Torment, but not as good as Fallen.

(Sorry for that scatter brained review, everyone. For someone reason my head wont come up with anything witty. *SIGH*)




No comments: