Monday 15 July 2013

Unmaking Hunter Kennedy by Anne Eliot (Review)


Genre: Contemporary Romance
Number of Pages: 422
For ages 13+


"After a car accident--an event he considers a prank gone bad--pop star, Hunter Kennedy is forced to hide out with his aunt in small-town Colorado. He’s supposed to rest, heal his scars and attend high school in disguise until the press dies down. But he only wants to get back to work.

Worse, the girl who’s been assigned to make him over into a geek is a major geek herself. Vere Roth is a chattering pixie, a blushing tornado and a complete social disaster. He’s never met a girl who’s never-been-kissed, believes in romance and thinks Hunter’s a 'nice' guy.

Funny thing is...Hunter is nice around Vere because she’s his first real friend. He also can’t seem to stop sharing his secrets or keep her out of his heart. Knowing he’d never deserve a girl as sweet as Vere, he resigns himself to the friend zone, and helps his new bestie with her own makeover.

She tortures him daily for ridiculous guy advice on how to snag her life-long crush. A guy Hunter thinks is totally wrong for Vere, and sadly, one who has taken note of Vere’s transformation.

When Vere asks her best friend for some kissing advice, Hunter can’t resist...

And that’s when things get out of control..." -Goodreads

So, usually I post my reviews on Sundays, but I actually forgot yesterday was Sunday! Whoops! Being at the beach can seriously mess with your mind...

This book was BEYOND adorable. I can't even begin to put into words how much swooning I did while reading this book. Let's just say Hunter Kennedy knows how to sweep a girl off her feet. Even if he does happen to be completely fictional. (We'll just leave that part out.)

I'm gonna tell you right now I want to be Vere Roth's best friend. She's super sweet and I swear she  doesn't have a rude bone in her body. Also, I LOVE her name! Gwenivere? So pretty! She's also extremely shy which makes you just want to hug the poor girl. Like I said, I want to be her best friend. Something else I absolutely loved about her was even though she was shy, when things got down to business she could definitely kick some butt. That may or may not be in the literal sense. Another thing,  how lucky was she to "have" to unmake/befriend a GORGEOUS ROCK STAR? Can this happen in real life? And if so, where do I sign up?

Speaking of gorgeous rock stars, there's Hunter Kennedy. Teenage heart throb, extremely talented singer, the reason for my constant swooning through out this book, etc. I mean, of course you have to read this book yourself, but trust me on this: That boy will swoon the pants off of you. Unless you have some sort of swoon deflecting super power then I guess he wouldn't be swoony but, let's hope none of you do because that would be sort of awful... Hunter always did what was best for Vere even if it meant steering her towards someone else. Which seriously KILLED me. I wanted to scream at Vere and say, "DO YOU NOT SEE THE FANTABULOUSNESS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU?!" Don't worry, though. Without giving to much away let's just say, she finally figured it out. One thing is for sure, though. Hunter Kennedy WILL be going on the Swoon Worthy Boy list. Because not only does the boy have the talent of singing, he has the talent of being swoon worthy.

Something else I loved about this book was the relationship between Vere and her older brother, Charlie. You could tell that Charlie was a fantastic older brother that really cared for his sister. He did everything in his power to protect her, even if it meant making extremely stupid mistakes. And trust me, there are more than a few. BUT he meant well!

One person that I really did not care for whatsoever would have to be Curtis. And I'm sure if any of you have read or will read this book you will agree with me. I mean, at first he seems kind of sweet but the whole time in the back of my mind I was a little wary of him. I'm not going to spoil it for you so I won't go into anymore detail about him but who needs Curtis when you can have Hunter? I'm just sayin'...

The only thing I didn't like about the book was that it had to end. I had gotten so attached to these two main characters and I was sad that it was over. Things were finally perfect for them and the story had to be over? I mean come on now! Can I at least tag along with them on their adventures for at least one more chapter? Unfortunately, this book had to end at some point and how Anne ended it was completely and utterly perfect. I really couldn't have asked for a better ending.

And with that, I'm sure you all know how I'm going to rate this book. 5 out of 5 diva crowns, without a doubt. This book left me feeling bubbly, happy, and almost to the point of giggling. And now I'm in denial because I don't have a rock star boyfriend. Life is so unfair.

*******************************************

In case any of you missed it, I have a giveaway going on until next week so make sure to check it out here! I'm giving away all the necessities for fantastic beach reading plus a signed copy of Bloodlines by Richelle Mead! 


Thanks so much for reading and I hope everyone's week is filled with *SPARKLES!*





No comments: